Development Associate, Stewardship and Communications
The Development Associate, Stewardship and Communications will support with designing and executing meaningful donor experiences that deepen donor engagement with Friends of Ruby, as well as supporting day-to-day social media & communications.
The ideal candidate will project manage the donor stewardship cycles, impact communications, and provide strategic input to support the development and execution of a social media strategy, in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Officer. Working alongside other members of the development and marketing team, the candidate will develop strategies to engage donors using digital platforms as well as monitor, track and establish benchmark metrics.
The candidate will also hold a small portfolio of work as it relates to donor stewardship. Activities include developing gift agreements, thank you letters, campaign writing, tracking reporting obligations, and donation reconciliation.
Stewardship Life-Cycle Management
- Oversee and manage the stewardship cycle from donation reconciliation, CRM donor management, and stewardship reporting
- Ensure that all obligations outlined in donor agreements are fulfilled in a timely manner, and monitored and tracked in MiCharity
- Migrate third-party donation management donor data to MiCharity
- Develop and execute stewardship plans for major donors ($10,000+) and annual donors ($20-$9,999)
- Manage a small portfolio of third-party fundraisers, In-kind partners and corporate engagements
- Provide thought leadership in the development of digital stewardship and donor engagement strategies and tactics
- Coordinate the creation and delivery of stewardship reports, gift agreements, and signage recognition proposals
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the organization and all projects and programs funded by the foundation
Marketing and Communications
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Officer on print and electronic communications for donors (e.g. newsletters, milestone anniversaries)
- Contribute story ideas and writing copy for publications, including newsletters and impact reports to donors
- Develop Donor Communications Calendar, adhering to best practice
- Evaluate and assess email marketing statistics to develop stewardship metric benchmarks to inform future digital strategies
- Remain abreast of best practices in the field with respect to digital engagement and donor communication tactics
- Understand the Sunnybrook brand, the strategic direction of the foundation and hospital priorities
- Develop content for annual campaigns
Social Media Management
- create and implement a social media strategy that engages various audiences: youth, donors, supporters
- maintain and enhance Friends of Ruby brand on digital platforms, especially Instagram, Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter
- create and post content regularly on social media
- develop and share thought leadership content
- interact with followers and organizations in a professional, yet engaging way
- collaborate with Youth Services, Counselling and Housing Teams to ensure messaging and news are amplified
- Bachelor's degree or related experience
- 3+ years of Experience with copywriting, digital marketing and comfortable with donor writing
- Strong attention to detail, excellent written and communication skills
- Persuasive and creative - able to visualize the coming together of images, graphics, and copy to craft a compelling story
- Proactive with excellent project management skills and proven ability to handle multiple assignments and set priorities, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to problem solve and manage projects from creative development through final delivery on time and on budget using appropriate tools, including critical path and detailed status reports
- Experience planning, writing, editing, coordination and implementing a variety of complex digital marketing initiatives that meet business objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships; demonstrable success working effectively on cross-functional teams
- Good decision-making skills, tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions
- Experience or understanding of donor stewardship or fundraising principles is considered an asset
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience using Micharity, or similar CRM is an asset but not required.
- Satisfactory clearance under the Vulnerable Sector Police Check Program.
- Must be qualified to legally work in Canada.
- Ability to both work from home and at our offices located in Downtown Toronto.
- Ability to travel to other community-based settings as needed.
Hiring Policy / Statement on Employment Equity and Diversity
Friends of Ruby recognizes that a diverse workforce is critical to accomplishing our mission. Our goal is to attract, develop, and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives.
We are committed to ensuring that members of traditionally marginalized groups, from a broad range of communities, feel empowered to apply for positions within the organization. We strongly encourage applications from the LGBTQI2S and BIPOC communities, and diverse backgrounds that meet the requirements of the job posting. We suggest applicants introduce themselves, their stories and lived experiences in their cover letter to their level of comfort.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation (including alternate format materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.